What is pregnancy massage? During a pregnancy massage, I will use various massage techniques to support you physically and emotionally. Benefits of the massage may include: –
- Improved circulation to muscles, possibly reducing inflammation and pain
- Deep relaxation, relieving mental and physical fatigue
- Improvement of mobility and promotion of correct posture
- Release of chronic back and shoulder tension, and backache
- Improved digestion and the relief of constipation
- Stimulation and drainage of the lymphatic system flushing out toxins and waste
- Encouragement of deep sleep through the reduction of insomnia
- Triggering brain chemicals that can reduce pain and induce a sense of well-being.
A detailed, confidential history will be taken before your treatment to ensure it is safe for you to have a massage.