To touch or rub an injury, or to hug a loved one, is an instinctive reaction and the importance of touch in physical and mental health has been widely researched and proven. Due to the constraints of our busy working environment and the increase in technology, touch in the modern world is decreasing, so people are turning to massage as an advanced form of the instinct to touch and heal.
During a pregnancy massage, various hands-on techniques are used by the therapist for your physical and psychological benefit which may include: –
- Improved circulation to muscles, possibley reducing inflammation and pain
- Deep relaxation, relieving mental and physical fatigue
- Improvement of mobility and promotion of correct posture
- Release of chronic back and shoulder tension, and backache
- Improved digestion and the relief of constipation
- Stimulation and drainage of the lymphatic system flushing out toxins and waste
- Encouragement of deep sleep through the reduction of insomnia
- Triggering brain chemicals that can reduce pain and induce a sense of well-being.
A detailed, confidential history will be taken before your treatment to ensure it is safe for you to have a massage.